Thursday, July 14, 2011

still life with rose bud

 The paper I draw on makes a huge difference in the look and the feel of the finished drawing.  I enjoy Moleskine paper because there really is nothing else like it.  It is so smooth and holds the graphite really well.  However, Using this handmade paper, seen here, forces me to loosen up.  It surface is bumpy, flawed, and somewhat unpredictable, and I prefer to switch to charcoal for this paper.

Here I have included a scan of the entire page, so you can see the uneven edges, which also add interest and beauty to the drawing.  The size is approximately 8.5" X 12.5".


3 comments:

F. Serrano said...

Beautiful! The paper really gives this drawing character and charm. Nice still life choice.

Kathleen Rietz said...

Thanks, I hope to get this one and others in the shop soon.

Mardi Speth said...

Kathleen, I've just visited your blog for the first time and really enjoyed having a look around. Your still life imagery is wonderful! It's really astounding how the paper influences the media, and the overall look.